7.20.2017

SOME FAVORITES FROM F/W 17

Well hello there, look at me being an active blogger again. Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite shows from the F/W season because I finally caught up with all the shows I wanted to see. I always try to keep up with the current fashion shows, and fashion news of course, but unfortunately I've been kinda lazy with it lately (been watching too much Love Island whoops). But now I've finally gotten back on track with it, and the next few days I'll be spending my mornings scrolling through Business of Fashion, Vogue.com, Dazed and I-D. If there's any other websites anyone can recommend please tell me by the way!

Anyway, onto the shows I've been liking. (pictures from Vogue)


zimmermann

Zimmermann's show was for sure on my top ten favorites for the season. Knowing me, I'm loving the oversized/slouchy feel in many of the looks and also the turtlenecks peeking under the garments and the delicate lace detailing, which wasn't too overpowering or romantic.

vfiles

This year the VFiles platform showed the collections of three different designers, and I must say they were all very different yet very strong collections. I loved the revamped tracksuits mixed with the ruffly wool coats in Cathari's collection and the silk accents in Xue Gao's, without forgetting the weird but awesome biker-cowboy vibes seen in Strateas Carlucci's collection.

dsquared2

When I was just getting into fashion, I remember seeing Dsquared2's F/W 2009 show and absolutely loving it; all the cool looks and the models strutting down the catwalk with coffee cups on their hands. Still to this day I love how the designers know how to do layering, print mixing and fabric mixing so f*cking well. Their shows are always so fun to watch, because they always have a pretty obvious theme around them. And that's why it's no surprise that their show was one of my favorites again this year.

alexandermcqueen

Oh Alexander McQueen.. May the genius rest in peace but Sarah Burton definitely knows what she's doing too. I love how she's always telling a story with her collections and the close attention to detail, this time with a lot of playing around with strings, fringe and sequins, creating beautiful hand-made prints and details to the garments. I also love how the color scheme varied from multiple bright colors and white to full on black and silver looks, showing the show's theme of paganism and ancient traditions very well.

balenciaga

Even though I loved Vetements' collection too by the always amazing and interesting Demna Gvasalia, I decided to include only Balenciaga to this list. Some of my favorite things about this collection were the coats that were almost like folded over the left shoulder, the huge knits and the balloon-like big dresses. Without forgetting the cool sunglasses that some of the models had, I want a pair too!

fentypuma

Fenty x Puma definitely shows that even though you are a celebrity, doesn't mean you can't design a collection (okay, I don't know how much she has had help, but still!). This collection was like Rihanna's version of the all-american high school, showing hints of the stereotypical jocks, nerds and goths. I loved all the bright colors that she wasn't afraid to use, and the mix of tighter crop tops and mini dresses with the oversized jackets and slouchy pants.

ninaricci

You probably wouldn't think that cowgirls and Nina Ricci could go together, but this collection definitely shows otherwise. It's pretty much Texas in a more sophisticated way I guess, and I loved it! Also I'm a huge sucker for big belts and fur bags, so I was definitely loving the accessories in this collection too.

proenzaschouler

Another amazing collection from Proenza Schouler! One of my favorite trends at the moment is for sure the shiny leather/pvc trend. So I mean.. Do I have to say more? There was so much of it! I did also love the fun cut-outs the twisted-looking dresses/tops... BUT THE PVC THO

yproject

Absolutely in love with this one from Y/Project and especially the themes behind it, that included historical royalty like Henry VIII and Marie Antoinette, but also a very different kind of royalty; the rap kings of the ’90s. The mix of those two definitely showed in the collection and created an interesting bunch of super voluminous slouchy looks mixed with some more feminine details like long slits and lace-y slip dresses.


So that was it, some of my favorites and my definitely-not-fashion-editor-worthy descriptions of what I thought of them! Until next time.

-Linda







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti